Tuesday 9 February 2010

Well fuck me sideways...

What a monumental fuck up. Yes I said a MONUMENTAL FUCK UP. I Mean seriously, this is really getting on my tits. First the absolute dogs breakfast of letting me know when my pump start dates were and about my choice of pump. That's a whole other can of worms which will just get me in a rage tonight. That is not needed at all. Now we have this royal balls up.

The impression I get from the most recent e-mail from my DSN (today no less) is that they want to push me towards getting a Roche Spirit pump. In my opinion this is a wholly inferior device to the Medtronic Veo that I want to con out of my PCT. I get this impression for several reasons. Primarily that they state that Medtronic are not willing to provide the consumeables for me to have a trial period on the pump I want whereas Roche (sputum filled wank socks) are actually willing to provide me with the consumeables. Both companies have provided my team with trial pumps but that's beside the point, what good is one without the gear that goes with it? Still unsure of the answer dear reader? Here's the answer in a nut shell. A pump without consumables is fuck all use to anyone. My team cite their second reason by saying that they have yet to work with Medtronic in starting a patient on a pump. I mean it sounds like they have a serious phobia with this, a phobia almost on a par with Jeremy Clarksons fear of manual labour (though that is brought on by him being bone bloody idle) unlike my team's phobia being brought about, as I see it, by a fear of progress or someone wanting something different. Their third reason is that if I were to have a trial pump (yes, the Spirit made by Roche) it would mean I would have to then apply for the latest version of the Spirit (this one has a blood glucose monitor that doubles as a remote control for the pump) and isn't what I want. I leave the worst until last. My team, yes, this is the team that once stood very highly in my opinion, HAVEN'T EVEN FUCKING WELL APPLIED FOR FUNDING YET!!!! That's the worst part as they've already booked the dates with the Medtronic folks (I now fully expect them to recant that promise) and they've bloody well known I've wanted that model of pump since last bloody year!

RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am absolutely disgusted by the conduct of my team and cannot really fathom the thought processes that they had to go through to come to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment