Thursday 4 February 2010

Basal issues once again...

Is it bloody impossible to find a dose of basal insulin that holds me at the right levels over night? It seems that I am asking far, far too much at the moment. Whatever I do I wake up with my bloods in the teens and It's hugely frustrating. I know from some testing I did a few days ago that my blood glucose drops further into the night from about eleven onwards. I think the one solution is, over the next couple of days, to stay awake until three in the morning. This is to find out if, according to the theory, I am hypoing or dropping too low at the point of the night when blood glucose is lowest. I do believe that I am getting too much insulin. The DSN's advice of increasing until I find something that does work didn't work. I had much the same problem a few years ago and the result was terrible bloods across the board. It seems that my nurse won't believe me. That's due to the fact I don't present with the typical symptoms of low blood glucose over night. I mean there are generic symptoms for something but not everyone presents them in the same way, you catch my drift? I do believe I did hypo last night. Waking up a sweaty mess is not a nice thing to do at two in the morning but yes, it did happen to me last night. If only I'd tested my bloods. If only.

Whinge over for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment