Wednesday 15 June 2011

I had a good day yesterday!

Yesterday I had a day when my BGs were pretty much perfect. I'm still trying to work out how I did it but more on that later as here are the scores:

09:44 - 6.7
10:25 - 6.5
14:16 - 8.5
20:23 - 6.2
23:15 - 5.0
23:45 - 4.8

I'll be buggered if I know how I managed to do that so here's what I did in the day.

Woke up at quarter to ten then went back to sleep until half ten. Massive breakfast of beans on toast smothered in cheese. Arse around and watch TV.
Quarter past two I ate lunch. Two rather large sandwiches and a monstrously sweet cup of tea. I used a take on the super bolus way of doing things. I gave my usual bolus for the carbs that I had plus a small correction to take things down then I put on a temporary basal for an hour and let it roll. I wandered into town to go shopping after that. It's not usually a BG friendly activity as I tend to get rather stressed and fed up with shopping after all of five minutes. I managed to waste a few hours and eventually (after much swearing and moaning) but eventually got what I wanted. Then I went to the pub and chilled with a few friends who I used to live with last year. a few pints of the great Sussex relaxation aid Harvey's Sussex Bitter. God I could live on that stuff.
In my last post I moaned about how things just weren't going overly well. I suppose I just needed to kick back and live life without diabetes being at the helm. I suppose the point that I'm trying to make is that whatever we do to stop diabetes from getting to be the forefront of everything it still manages to get there from time to time. That's when we need to step back and take a miniature holiday from the D. Well, I say a holiday I mean taking it easy for a little and doing anything to take the D from the front of my mind. I reccomend a few pints of the aforementioned Sussex relaxant. Does the job everytime especially if you choose to take it in the sun and beautiful surroundings of a pub garden. Always needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment