Sunday 15 May 2011

Not quite what I thought was going to show up...

So, over the past few weeks I've been spotting rising BG's in the morning around eight to eleven. I guessed that I mightbe hypoing in the small hours thus causing a gradual rise. I did a basal test today. Three in the morning to nine in the morning. Here are the results:

03:00 - 7.8
04:00 - 7.8
05:00 - 6.3
06:00 - 6.9
07:00 - 6.7
08:00 - 7.3
09:00 - 5.8

Now I like those results quite alot. I don't think I'll be making any changes based on that. It'd be daft to trash a good set of numbers like that. All I need to do now is basal test the evening. That's the plan at least.

I have made some changes to my basal in the evenings. That's because for two or three days I was getting hypos between about half eight to ten where I would hypo quite nicely, well, what's nice about a hypo? Anyway, I was dropping down to about two millimoles per litre and not coming back up for about an hour despite all the treatment that I threw at the hypos. If I recall rightly I've slashed a good quarter of a unit of my basal rate prior to nine o'clock. Quite a dramatic change if ever there were any. It seemed to knock it on the head last night. I'll be basal testing this evening as I mentioned earlier so I can do some fine tuning. Seems that I need to get this right. That and I can have a stab and getting a half decent basal pattern sorted for my work.

I'll post the results from the evening's basal test when I've done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment