Saturday 30 April 2011

I wanna rock and roll all night!

... And party every day!

Thank you Kiss. Gotta love a bit of glam rock.

Given the nature of my work there is always the obligation to do night shifts. The first one was last night. 2000 start, 0800 finish. Now, to say that I was a little nervous would be fair as I've never done those before. That and I was rather unsure of the effect on the diabetes.
Fortunately, the shifts and colleagues are lovely. The work is easier than in the day and you tend to learn a little bit more easily. Any opportunity to learn is a good one. It's also very nice to put names to the faces that I see at eight in the morning after starting a day shift.
As for the diabetes aspect of things that was lovely. I spent most of the night with BG's in the sevens. There was a slight hypo at five ish. Abnormally for me, I didn't test but trusted in my senses for once. I suppose that the acuity of my hypo awarness increases in the hours of darkness. After getting home my BG was 6.9, I had something to munch on. A few hours of sleep later I awoke for something to eat. My BG was 8.5 prior to that. Overall, the BGs have been behaving nice over the night. What seems to be increasingly common is that I require a temporary basal on for the entire day. About 125% is roughly what I've been on for the past few days. I can't quite fathom why but I'll keep on going with that as it seems to be working. AnythingtobringdownmyHbA1c.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment