Wednesday 5 January 2011

Yearning for what I cannot have...

I've been watching TV today. Not that that is surprising really. However, one advert did catch my eye. It was a recruitment advert for the Royal Marines. Seriously inspiring stuff. It makes me feel funny. I have a huge respect for what all the British forces do. What it did make me want to do was join up. The purpose of the add. Then I got a hit of bitterness as I know I cannot join up owing t othe fact that I'm type one. I suppose that's always been a bit of a dream of mine and what I have wanted to do for as long as I can remember. Then you realise that you can't have it. It's one of the big things that I really hate about being type one. I don't know why I wanted to join the army but I do. Now I know that the diabetes hasn't really stopped me from doing alot of things in my life but this is the one thing that really sticks in my throat. The knowledge that however much you want to do something you know you can't do it. That's what hurts if I'm honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment