Monday 3 January 2011

If you want blood!

You got it!
Blood on the streets,
blood on the rocks,
blood in the gutter,
every last drop,
if you want blood,
you got it!!!

Well, not quite that sort of thing but, thanks to AC/DC and today's cannula change that brought about this post.
Today was cannula change day. Not normally a problem for me as I'm now something of a dab hand at cannula changes which involve my Silhouette sets. Today's change was somewhat more exciting.
All went well when I put the thing in to begin with and nothing out of the ordinary was noticed. Not until I decided to have a shower that is. I went to un hook from my pump and to put a shower cap on to it. I saw that there was blood filling up the cannula. Not good. I looked at the tubing. There was blood filling that too. What did I do? Well, I took the cannula out. Big error but it had to be done. Blood poured out of my belly and all over my thigh. I must have hit a small blood vessel. That was a bit of a shocker to liven up my morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment