Saturday 1 May 2010

What a night...

Well, last night wasn't pleasant. Two hours after stopping snacking (for which I had bolused appropriately) my blood has rocketed to twenty point one millimoles per litre. Disaster. I shot in seven units with my pump and sat up until one in the morning waiting for it to come down. By one I has dropped to nine point two millimoles per litre. Within two hours I was hypo. Oh the joys. So I do my usual thing of destroying the fridge, again I bolus for all the unnecessary stuff I ate. I woke up at eight this morning to a bloods of fifteen millimoles per litre. What fun. So I've jammed in a correction and put on a temporary basal of a hundred and thirty percent. I wish whatever it was would hurry up and get out of my system or get it all over and done with. Maybe I need to change my insulin to carbohydrate ratios. I don't know. This is all really getting to me.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment