Friday 28 May 2010

Hello again!

Well, things have happened since my last post. I have recently seen the DSN and had a good chat. At the moment I am trying to sort out my over night basal and that means the dreaded three o'clock in the morning test. What fun. Last night revealed I was at 11.0 mmol/L and I'd gone to sleep on a blood glucose of 8.6 mmol/L. This tells me that changes are needed but I think I need to do a few more of these spurious tests before I make any changes.
A few weeks ago I was having trouble with my post meal readings. That to me suggested that I was not getting enough insulin with my meals. So it's time to change and I have changed from one unit of Novorapid to every ten grammes of carbohydrate to one unit for every seven and a half grammes of carbohydrate and thus far it's been working well.
Summer has arrived. That means changes to insulin regimes which for me are an absolute pain in the arse. It seems, unlike most diabetics, I need more insulin in the heat as opposed to less. Shame that as I want to see how long I can make a reservoir last. The current is about three days but in reality I change every two days as I use alot owing to the fact I eat alot! That and my basal rates use a fair old bit. I like to change cannulas every two days because after that amount of time, depending on where I have put them, they get uncomfortable to have.

Until next time!

1 comment: