Saturday 16 April 2011

Changes at the top! Across the entire board infact!

Well, given that over the past few weeks I've needed a variety of temporary basal rates to just get through the day with a decent set of numbers. The fun of it. So then, I've taken the decision to make changes that should, in theory keep me in a decent range of numbers. Well, it's more a work in progress than anything else. First a rough cut then the fine tuning. That's still to come as I only made the changes today.
So, you think one set of changes would be enough for me. Seems that it isn't. That's because I've started doing long days at work this week. Those are thirteen hour days. Massive effort but I do like four days a week off. Those do need something of a basal to suit them. That said, I've got to have a baseline that I can work from as, each day can be very different. Some are absolutely hectic and you don't stop. Others are rather more relaxed. Then again, in the second type of day you're constantly waiting for things to happen so there is the element of stress which can really make things interesting as all D folk know. That's why I want a baseline that'll suit most, if not all days.
Here's hoping that my changes work, or if they don't work, that they don't need much fine tuning.

Tom

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom,

    Sorry to bug you again but we’d really like you to be involved in our ongoing project - working with people like you to ensure NHS help and support is provided to young people with type 1 in a way that better fits their lives (rather than mainly via clinics, as now). We appreciate that this might be another task in a busy life, so we're offering £20 Amazon vouchers for those actively sharing their comments and ideas.

    Again, the link with more information is:
    http://www.uchd.org.uk/diabetes/wp-login.php

    Thanks,
    Simon
    Design Researcher, User-centred Healthcare Design

    p.s. Sorry to use another comment, we couldn’t find any other way of contacting you.

    ReplyDelete