Saturday 12 March 2011

It's been a while.

So, it's been a little bit of a while since I last entered some scrawlings onto these virtual pages.

So what's happened since my last post you hasten to ask?
Well, in answer to that there isn't too much. I've been at work for alot of the time. One migraine and now I've got the benefits of a vile chest and I'm coughing up golf ball sized lumps of phlegm every time I cough. I've also attended some interviews for my universities of choice. My desired course is adult nursing. I've got a few more to go but still, let's wait and see. I've also just shelled out some of my hard earned cash to pay for the registration fee for Friends For Life. This is a fine conference that's run by a Yankee charity called Children With Diabetes and it's held near London where the hordes of pancreatically challenged kids and their parents descend upon a hotel for a series of activities and seminars for the parents. Ultimately a worthwhile thing which I am desperate to go to.

Diabetes wise things have been pretty good. Bar the illness. The nature of my work means that there can't be a set pattern that will work for every shift. All I find that I can do is go into work and set a temporary basal and well, hope. Fortunately I can get most things sussed pretty rapidly. The first few hours of a shift normally sets the tone for the entire day. As for shift work, I will be starting on my long days half way through next month. These will be interesting as I will be at work for thirteen hours. The upside to this is I will be getting alot more time off work and I'll be able to sort myself out in terms of fitness and money by working a load of bank shifts. The fun. Time for me to start harassing the staff bank and fortunately if work comes up on different wards I'll take it as it'll be an interesting experince.

Until the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment