Sunday 29 January 2012

Infusion sets and boldness.


I have just put in a new set. I put it in my arm. I've heard of people doing this before but I've never quite worked up the courage to do it myself until now that is.
Anatomically speaking it's in the flab around the deltoid/tricep muscles. I don't think the layer of flab is quite as deep as I thought it was as it's little uncomfy but nothing too bad. I need to give my belly a break which I've been using non stop for nearly two years now.
I shall post when I take the thing out of my arm.

Putting the damn thing in was a bit tricky. I am quite used to doing these things with two hands. One hand was quite something else. I think you really need three arms or another person to do it if you want it done quickly and effectively rather than the fifteen minute battle I had to get the thing just where I wanted it. At least it is now in and well, it's a case of watch and see what happens. More when I see it.

The set is a Medtronic Sure T with a six millimetre cannula with an eighty centimetre tube. Not bad at all really.

1 comment:

  1. Oddly enough, before I finally discovered I should stop looking at pictures of where people cannulise (not really a word, but I'm proud of it nonetheless) and started using my lower abdomen, my arm was my favourite spot. It never got sore, it was out of the way, I never caught tubing on doors/cupbaords/cat-claws etc

    How did you find it in the end?

    ReplyDelete