Saturday 19 June 2010

The Battle of the Bulge...

No, for those of you that have the misfortune to know me in reality may think that I am blathering on about a certain punch up in the Ardennes over the winter of 1944 - 1945 but more over my university accquired beer belly. Nine months of eating what you want when you want, heavy drinking, laziness and a total lack of exercise other than staggering to a variety of pubs and clubs has, undoubtedly taken its toll. I'm two stone heavier than I was when I went to university. For those that understand the new money of kilogrammes I was seventy kilos before university and having just got back home I am now eighty two kilos. That was a hell of a shock I can tell you.
So what am I going to do about it you may ask. Well, for starters I am back at home. This means healthy eating and much smaller portions than my usual gargantuan university American sized portions. There will be more exercise too, dog walking will become part of my day and I will have to start going to the gym again. Let's not beat about the bush. It's going to be a long and hard journey to drop about ten or so kilos but still, let's just see. Who knows, a somewhat slimmer version of myself may be posting on here in a few months time.
Now for a Big Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment