Saturday 13 March 2010

CGM Day Two...

Well, last time I had this contraption on me I could barely sleep and was obliged to lie in a feotal position on one side. This time I slept like a baby bar waking up at two AM, I still can't work out why so I tested my blood and got a 4.8 mmol/L so I just went back to sleep. I got out of bed at half eight and my blood had only risen to 5.5 mmol/L. That meant breakfast time. So it was a case of a sausage buttie which was wonderful. Two hours later that had pushed my blood up to 10.7 mmol/L but that had just dropped to 6.0 mmol/L prior to lunch. All in all, the day is going well. I can't wait to see what the graphs are going to be for this. Shortly I'll be off out to Sainsburys to get hold of a few pizzas as I'll be interested to see the effects of one of those on my bloods. Sloppy Guiseppes here I come! That and I do need to get some food in for the next few weeks...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom,

    I love your blog. It's a great window into the everyday life of a diabetic student and you do a great deal for diabetes awareness online. I represent Bayer UK and I was wondering if you might be interested in receiving a Contour USB to review here. Contour USB is the first blood glucose meter of its kind, with an integrated USB and diabetes management software. If you think you might be interested, just contact me at courtney.allen@mslworldwide.com and I can send along a press release for you to check out, and add you to our priority list to receive a complimentary meter.

    Let me know what you think!

    All the best,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete