Saturday 1 May 2010

The dreaded lurgie!

Well, over the past few days I've had the lurgie. It's brought about massive raises in blood glucoses and some cravings for cheese on toast. Yes, you heard me, cheese on toast. With ketchup. I think I'm over the worst of it and the lurgie is getting to being out of my system. Tonight won't involve staying up until one in the morning to chase down a high blood glucose. That's for two reasons; primarily the last time I looked my blood glucose was near ten millimoles per litre and was dropping. Secondly and, more importantly, I can't be arsed. Oh the joys of living with diabetes. At least things are getting back to normal, well as near normal as I think they can be at the moment. Time to get some shut eye before I head home tomorrow for the bank holiday weekend and hopefully no more lurgie! Roll on home cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment